Sunday 3 June 2012

Albums

I am taking Cover to Cover class by Shimelle Laine. I have been getting prompts for this class for a few weeks now but struggle to read documents on computer screens and I have SO much paper clutter I couldn't bear to print the prompts out.

Luckily my Kindle has come to the rescue, by emailing the PDFs to the device I can read them in comfort wherever I am!

So on to prompt 1... Shimelle has asked us to think about our current system for organising our pages within our albums and to SHARE.

Now I'm usually very bad at sharing, I love reading blogs and wait eagerly for my favourite ones to be updated. I spend lots of time on 2 peas, UKS and pinterest  but I rarely comment on these sites. I'm not sure why but I feel a little naked putting my thoughts and feelings out there for the world to see.

So I hope you'll excuse me as I take a deep breath and return to the point of this post... I'm going to share with you what I currently do...

Photos


I get my photos printed online and pick them up at a local supermarket. I print 4x6 photos with the odd enlargement or 4x3 thrown in. I TRY and put orders in regularly and doing project life  has helped with this but I am currently behind with this project.

Scrapbook albums


I started scrapping in 2008. My first project was an 8x8 album for my cousins wedding, I loved making it and loved giving it to the happy couple even more.

After that I moved on to 12x12 pages. I put pages in albums, mainly American Crafts D ring cloth covered albums in chronocological order. I scrap out of sync with which ever photos I have at the time. I have 12 albums on the go at the moment:

My childhood album
My wedding album
My honeymoon album
Me the abridged version (MTAV)
Project life 2011-2012
One little word 2011 (OLW)
One little word 2012
And 5 albums of pages made up of everyday life and events between 2007 and now. I also need to add an additional album for Florida 2011.

None of these albums are finished as such. I have got further with some than others and only 4 of these albums will have a distinct finish point (MTAV, OLW and project life).

So thanks for struggling through all that writing as a reward, here is a snapshot of the current state of play!


Thanks for visiting!

Wizbit

No comments:

Post a Comment